Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my little tank...

Article about: That's a good suggestion for what it is, for some reason the idea didn't enter my mind!

Default my little tank...

found thise ashtray on a flee market;any idea of wich nationality thise tank maybe ...would it so ever represent an existing tank??
    The canon got broke at some point , but it have been restored...(lol!!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 100_4446.jpg   100_4450.jpg  

100_4449.jpg  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: my little tank...

Judging by the length and size of the barrel I'd say that this isnt a real tank, I dont know if its just me, but do the front and the tracks of that tank remind anyone of a Snow-Trac?

Interesting little thing though

Thanks

Danny

It is probably a whimsical representation of a tank and not an accurate model. I would guess it is patterned off a 1920's to 1930's French Renault tank.

It is a nice little piece to have though. Are there any markins on the bottom or anywhere else, or does the tank lift off of the base?

No marks , tank doesn't lifts off.
    Just noticed the detail pictures aren't that good.
    The original casted barrel must have broken at one time and they drilled a hole in the turret and put thise enormous cupper tube in to give it his aspect back.
    cheers
    K
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

The suspension on it is very similar to a German PzKpfw 1
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

zwergeis correct it is the chasis of a pzKpfw I with an enormous barrel. Possibly a joke item?

Yes, the barrel should be a lot shorter by 1/2 or even 2/3rds would look better on that little turret !

Still a neat item ................................... !

Are you a smoker Kris ? ?
    Regards,

Steve.

CMc
    ?

I've been beaten to it, but yes the suspension design does look a lot like a Panzer I, it's probably just a sort of general representation of a tank, but the similarity to the PzKpw 1 might indicate a rough time of when the piece was made, since the PzKpw 1 was a current design in the 1930s-early 40s, so would probably be in the mind of someone designing a general sort of representation of a tank.

Not sure what the little tray would be specifically for, maybe a sort of stationery holder/desk ornament for someone who either served in a tank unit, or worked for a company dealing with tank part production? As for nation of origin, hard to say with no marks, but the Panzer 1 resemblance might say German, or another country who had a lot of Panzer 1s kicking about the place?

As for the gun barrel, going with the desk-tidy theory, maybe it was originally designed to hold a pen, with the bloody big gun barrel inserted by someone later for comic effect?

Quote by CMc View Post
    I've been beaten to it, but yes the suspension design does look a lot like a Panzer I, it's probably just a sort of general representation of a tank, but the similarity to the PzKpw 1 might indicate a rough time of when the piece was made, since the PzKpw 1 was a current design in the 1930s-early 40s, so would probably be in the mind of someone designing a general sort of representation of a tank.

Not sure what the little tray would be specifically for, maybe a sort of stationery holder/desk ornament for someone who either served in a tank unit, or worked for a company dealing with tank part production? As for nation of origin, hard to say with no marks, but the Panzer 1 resemblance might say German, or another country who had a lot of Panzer 1s kicking about the place?

As for the gun barrel, going with the desk-tidy theory, maybe it was originally designed to hold a pen, with the bloody big gun barrel inserted by someone later for comic effect?
    Is it not an ashtray ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Is it not an ashtray ?

Nick
    Yup, I'd say it is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast