Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my little tank...

Article about: That's a good suggestion for what it is, for some reason the idea didn't enter my mind!

Default my little tank...

found thise ashtray on a flee market;any idea of wich nationality thise tank maybe ...would it so ever represent an existing tank??
    The canon got broke at some point , but it have been restored...(lol!!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my little tank...   my little tank...  

my little tank...  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: my little tank...

Judging by the length and size of the barrel I'd say that this isnt a real tank, I dont know if its just me, but do the front and the tracks of that tank remind anyone of a Snow-Trac?

Interesting little thing though

Thanks

Danny

It is probably a whimsical representation of a tank and not an accurate model. I would guess it is patterned off a 1920's to 1930's French Renault tank.

It is a nice little piece to have though. Are there any markins on the bottom or anywhere else, or does the tank lift off of the base?

No marks , tank doesn't lifts off.
    Just noticed the detail pictures aren't that good.
    The original casted barrel must have broken at one time and they drilled a hole in the turret and put thise enormous cupper tube in to give it his aspect back.
    cheers
    K
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

The suspension on it is very similar to a German PzKpfw 1
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

zwergeis correct it is the chasis of a pzKpfw I with an enormous barrel. Possibly a joke item?

Yes, the barrel should be a lot shorter by 1/2 or even 2/3rds would look better on that little turret !

Still a neat item ................................... !

Are you a smoker Kris ? ?
    Regards,

Steve.

CMc
    ?

I've been beaten to it, but yes the suspension design does look a lot like a Panzer I, it's probably just a sort of general representation of a tank, but the similarity to the PzKpw 1 might indicate a rough time of when the piece was made, since the PzKpw 1 was a current design in the 1930s-early 40s, so would probably be in the mind of someone designing a general sort of representation of a tank.

Not sure what the little tray would be specifically for, maybe a sort of stationery holder/desk ornament for someone who either served in a tank unit, or worked for a company dealing with tank part production? As for nation of origin, hard to say with no marks, but the Panzer 1 resemblance might say German, or another country who had a lot of Panzer 1s kicking about the place?

As for the gun barrel, going with the desk-tidy theory, maybe it was originally designed to hold a pen, with the bloody big gun barrel inserted by someone later for comic effect?

Quote by CMc View Post
    I've been beaten to it, but yes the suspension design does look a lot like a Panzer I, it's probably just a sort of general representation of a tank, but the similarity to the PzKpw 1 might indicate a rough time of when the piece was made, since the PzKpw 1 was a current design in the 1930s-early 40s, so would probably be in the mind of someone designing a general sort of representation of a tank.

Not sure what the little tray would be specifically for, maybe a sort of stationery holder/desk ornament for someone who either served in a tank unit, or worked for a company dealing with tank part production? As for nation of origin, hard to say with no marks, but the Panzer 1 resemblance might say German, or another country who had a lot of Panzer 1s kicking about the place?

As for the gun barrel, going with the desk-tidy theory, maybe it was originally designed to hold a pen, with the bloody big gun barrel inserted by someone later for comic effect?
    Is it not an ashtray ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Is it not an ashtray ?

Nick
    Yup, I'd say it is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast