Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Militaria Show Finds. Opinions?

Article about: I picked these up at a militaria show being held locally. I was just hoping you fine fellows could tell me your thoughts on these items and whether or not they're all original! THANKS IN ADV

?

Default Re: My Militaria Show Finds. Opinions?

Nice items, especially like the bronze class MutterKreuz. It has a very nice finish.

Well done!

Regards,

Carl

i love em all very nice finds especially the mk looks amazing
    well done

tom

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Nice stuff, Joe. You did well. Did you spot any fakes?

Sorry I didn't reply, I wasn't awake yet. lol
    I figured that's what happened. No worries!

There were tons of fakes... mostly helmets doctored up in every which way. I can't tell you how many times I overheard dealers saying: "This one was dug up near Stalingrad, this one was found near the D-Day beaches!"

With that being said, I was surprised by the turn out, and I'm sure there was tons of other good stuff there, too!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I'm really fond of the MK as well! I told my mother that if she lived in Germany back then, she would have received one of these...

?

Hello

Great items ! I also like the wounded badge and your mothers cross ! The flag is cool !

Kind regards
    Alex

Thanks Banksy!

One more thing about the fake helmets I saw... most were horribly done. It looked like decals were placed at random... I saw one helmet painted sort of a sea-foam green...

I can't tell you how many Spanish Modelo Z's I saw with the forehead bracket ripped off and painted black with SS decals...

Here's a pic of the show. I wish I took more pics of the show itself...

Glad you are going to shows. They are always educational. Even handling and seeing all the junk on offer and having a giggle at the stories told is worthwhile. You cannot beat hands on, as you know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Glad you are going to shows. They are always educational. Even handling and seeing all the junk on offer and having a giggle at the stories told is worthwhile. You cannot beat hands on, as you know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Absolutely! I even met a member of the forum when he heard me talking about the Japanese helmet I got from our recycling facility.

This seems like a simple way to display the flag. Note, the tacks are just used to rest the pole on. The tacks are NOT piercing the flag itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12