Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My new pick ups

Article about: Went on a little tour today, going round all the antique dealers I know to see if they had anything good for sale. Not to much stuff up for sale, or just way to much money being asked. One d

Default My new pick ups

Went on a little tour today, going round all the antique dealers I know to see if they had anything good for sale. Not to much stuff up for sale, or just way to much money being asked. One dealer even offered me a Kriegsmarine jacket, but than I remebered he showed me the same jacket about 6 years ago. I took it with me to show another collector, but he said it wasn't wurth alot because it was pre war, and not KM. The price was 90 euors so I brought it back and never bought it. Now it was offerd the same thing and again I didn't buy it.
    I did buy a very nice Stengun clip/charger with loads of olive drab painting on it. The seller told me he found it in an old dressoir he bought and was doing up. I paid 7 euros for it, and when we walked into his workplace to get it I noticed a relic M40 hanging from a nail. I asked what the story was, and he told me his son had found it while working in the garden. He gave it to me for free, so no money lost there. Don't know what to do with it yet, maybe it will be a nice flower pot in the garden.
    Other piece I bought is a bottle of wine made in the war and with a label stating it is for the occuppying forces, Nur fur Waffen SS. Pitty the label is torn and in a poor condition, but I like it.
    Hope you guys like the finds too!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new pick ups   My new pick ups  

My new pick ups   My new pick ups  

My new pick ups  

Default Re: My new pick ups

Well done, I would like to see the label of the bottle .
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice finds! Congrats.

Regards

Very nice! but I dont think its a stengun clip its a grease gun clip because I have one identical. - Nick K

its a STEN mag, M3 mag looks almost identical apart from the cresent shaped cut out being closer to the top than on the M3 mag.

oh ok lol Nice find! - Nick K

great finds, well done