Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years

Article about: by ian_ Very nice, that dingy must be worth several hundred. Any other aircraft stuff? Ian yes a Raf dinghy kite in tin cant get it out yet tightly packed scared i will damage it.The man als

Default My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years

Hi guys met a guy a couple of years ago who i bought an raf 1155 set from he had an add in a paper that i found on the net and i travelled to see him and buy the radio and other things.I must admit if you have seen American pickers when the guys go to barns full of stuff then this is an English version.The guy is 70 and has collected all of his life he has some awesome stuffall over the place.I did promise to go back a couple of months later to see him to give him time to drag out some more militaria from his barns and loft but lost his number.Last month i was tidying up and found his number gave him a call and last week i was there he said hed wondered what happened to me and had save some items for me.Here are some bits i got from him absolutely bowled over especially by the Dinghy from the cockpit of a Me109 crash on the south coast apparently a friend of his saw the aircraft and came back after dark to grab a souvenir he waited untill the armed guard went for a cup of tea then ran over jumped into the cocpit and grabbed a bag and ran off! over the years the bag went missing but the dinghy is in great shape.When the guy pulled it from the rafters in his shed he said look it still inflates at which point i cringed he turned on a compressor and pumped it up and it was solid (something i wont do myself) it is still extremely soft and not brittle im was shocked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years   My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years  

My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years   My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years  

My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years   My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years  

Default Re: My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years

Excellent items.

I rather like the Belgian made jerkin too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: My recent finds from a guy who sold me these directly from his shed sitting there for years

Great result , some interesting stuff !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Ade didnt even know the Belgians made leather jerkins for the British

Yes, they also made Battledress too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Yes, they also made Battledress too.

Cheers, Ade.
    And headgear, I have a Belgian made "Cap, General Service"

Rob

There is some nice looking radio stuff there. The National HRO/Reception Set R106 looks OK as does the PCR1. They might need a bit of work but they look in reasonable condition. The R1155 has been post-war converted for use a a ham radio receiver though, which is a shame, but very common in the 1950s-60s.

I notice you also have the manual for my favourite wireless of all time, Wrireless Set No 22. He doesn't have the set too does he?

Rob

?

Very nice, that dingy must be worth several hundred. Any other aircraft stuff?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Excellent items.

I rather like the Belgian made jerkin too.

Cheers, Ade.
    I'm suprised Rene hasn't found it yet.
    He will

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    There is some nice looking radio stuff there. The National HRO/Reception Set R106 looks OK as does the PCR1. They might need a bit of work but they look in reasonable condition. The R1155 has been post-war converted for use a a ham radio receiver though, which is a shame, but very common in the 1950s-60s.

I notice you also have the manual for my favourite wireless of all time, Wrireless Set No 22. He doesn't have the set too does he?

Rob
    Hi i have the pcr1 working in the living room it is totally genuine all the guts are 44 dated etc but only run it when im in the room so i can keep an eye on things.Yes i think he mentioned somewhere a 22 set knocking about somewhere.He has a few ws19 power packs in Russian and English laying about.There is even an American backpack radio with all the bits and hand pedals which works which he said he said could be mine next time i go to see him in a couple of months.I just have to wait for the weather to warm up for him he said he has even a huge military copper aerial waiting for me which was in his shed as i ran out of funds this time around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast