Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My thrift store finds

Article about: I try to make an effort to check out all of the thrift stores in my area on a weekly basis. Some people wouldn't think this, but stores like these can be treasure troves for militaria collec

Default My thrift store finds

I try to make an effort to check out all of the thrift stores in my area on a weekly basis. Some people wouldn't think this, but stores like these can be treasure troves for military collectors. I find that mostly two areas of these stores will contain military collectibles. The front display cabinet, and the vast isles of used clothing. The front cabinets will sometimes have badges, and other cool collectibles. The isles of used clothing will sometimes have military uniforms mixed in.

Note how I use the word "Sometimes" I say this because its a gamble every time you walk through the front door. Sometimes you'll strike it lucky, and at other times you will come out empty handed. So far from my weekly thrift store expeditions, ive manged to fill my closet with various military uniforms. They are all from different nations, and time frames. So far the oldest piece ive found was a Korean war era winter shirt. But im sure if I stay persistent, ill uncover some WW2 gear in no time.

Anyways, heres what ive been able to find so far. Ill make sure to update this thread when I come across any new finds.

P.S.- All of these pieces cost me under $10 each

Best regards- Jarret

My thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store findsMy thrift store finds

?

Awesome finds, feels like a bona fide treasure hunt

CBH
    ?

Yes you never know what you might find. I've found a USMC Generals tunic at my local stop.
    Still waiting to find a debadged Black Tunic, one can dream.

I once found a medical NCO "Rock" in a Salvation Army thrift shop back in the 80's. Was complete badged minus the breast eagle. Never found anything since, but I do still look
    D.

Thanks guys! Im keeping my fingers crossed that some WW2 era stuff will pop up soon.

Best regards- Jarret

Jerret,
    Good to see you are around and I hope all is well.
    Nice finds.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Jerret,
    Good to see you are around and I hope all is well.
    Nice finds.

Marty
    X's 2.

Nice to see you Jarret and great finds. I gotta try this too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Marty! Im going to try to be more active on the forum again. Recent events have kept me busy, and away.

This forum is a great community that im proud to be a part of.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by MAP View Post
    X's 2.

Nice to see you Jarret and great finds. I gotta try this too!
    Nice to see you too MAP!

I think you will really enjoy searching your local thrift stores for militaria. Its very satisfying to walk out of a store with quality pieces for mere pocket change.

Best regards- Jarret

Hello,
    Just wondering about the french F1 treillis jacket : how it made its way to an american thrift shop ?
    Thanks

My thrift store finds

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast