Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My weekend finds

Article about: I really like the M1, I recall the day when they would be almost giving them away; that isn't the case any longer, The sawback looks downright spooky. Nice stuff. StuG III, you could have a

Default My weekend finds

Hi,
    i have had a good weekend and found some pieces that are not to bad. The first is an a M1 U.S, bayonet i got yesteday it isnt to bad but does have some small damage to it, but is a vey solid bayonet.
    The second is a German W.W.1 saw back butcher bayonet, again
    very solid but had been neglected the scabbard has a couple of dents it in. i also picked up a lufty badge solid brass, it,s in good condition but im not sure if it,s original. the last is a day badge
    in the shape of a bomb, nice little thing i think made of nickle.
    Im also not sure where it would be worn. ie munitions ect. Forgot to say the saw abck has 13 L V, stamped on the quillion.
    dave.

Default Re: My weekend finds

nice finds dave mate

just watched a ww1 sawback be pawned by the vets son on tv new series pwan shop on the history channel last nite,the shops in las vegas america. valued $350

good to watch monday nites its on.

cheers ewan

Dave, the mortar is one from a set of WHW Schlosse & Munitions badges.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My weekend finds   My weekend finds  

My weekend finds  

Hi Dave, nice scores there. I like stuff that's got character to it. Some of the pristine stuff actually looks like repros sometimes. That saw back bayo sure is wicked looking. It would have would have been horrifying to see that coming at your belly! Ewan, I watch the pawn shop show on the History Channel too. They get alot of interesting stuff through there. Definitely worth watching if you have the time.

Jay

Hi Dave, all look good bar the Luftwaffe eagle, which is as you suspected, bad.

Cheers, Ade

Hi,
    Thanks for the comments i think i done well, cant moan about any of it, the bayo,s needed a good clean the saw back was all greasy.
    but got rid of that, thanks for the info in the mortar tom, i thought it was a bomb, but live and learn. nice little thing though i only payed £2.00 for it, it has a 37 on the back of it. and yes jay to see that thing coming at you well, a normal bayonet is bad but that thing
    no thanks. I thought the lufty eagle might be bad Ade, i have seen the summer tunic eagle that looks brassy, but i will keep this one.
    dave.

?

Dave
    You did very good on the bayonets. Gary

Dave, the bayonets i like. It's a shame the saw back scabbard saw a rough life.

rgds, Ty

Hi Ty,
    Yeah it is really, but another may come along and i will swop it over
    and sell the damaged one, i will get a few quid back on it.
    but over all they are pretty good for be neglected for all that time
    i have seen worse.
    dave.

Hi Dave, what do you think is a reasonable price for the saw back? I have seen the prices all over the map and although i would like one for the collection i don't want to over spend. I would not even mind one with a bad scabbard

rgds, Ty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast