Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with identification plz.

Article about: Hi all. Firstly I would like to say that I am jealous of all you guys who get to do such great things on the old fields of war. Living in Australia I dont get that opportunity. I hope I put

Default Need help with identification plz.

Hi all.
    Firstly I would like to say that I am jealous of all you guys who get to do such great things on the old fields of war. Living in Australia I dont get that opportunity. I hope I put this is the right category.

This dagger was apparently found on a dead soldier during the 1st WW. It has been in my dad's possession for the last 50 odd years and came from his aunt who got it from someone. Thats all I know about it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with identification plz.   Need help with identification plz.  

Default Re: Need help with identification plz.

Sounds like the dagger may well have been liberated from a Turkish soldier, most likely during the Gallipoli campaign. That said, it looks a bit "bling" to be a field item so may have been a memento from the bazaars of Cairo - certainly has an Arab feel to it.

Default Re: Need help with identification plz.

id agree with it being gallipoli related but then the turks did keep very ornate weapons as did the arabs so thats my guess too most arabian stlye blades iv ever seen are usually curved too so id wait for one of the " brains " to reply

Hi, I may be way off the mark, but it looks like a kinjal to me?? The spelling is possibly incorrect, try Google!
    Cheers MR