Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need information about my old helmet!

Article about: Hi im new on this forum! I have this very old helmet for several years and I never find information about him so maybe someone here can help me. I would like to know its origin, the period,

ulio
    ?

Default Need information about my old helmet!

Hi im new on this forum!

I have this very old helmet for several years and I never find information about him so maybe someone here can help me. I would like to know its origin, the period, the type and the value. I think it came from India or Arabic region but im not sure.

Thanks for your help.

Need information about my old helmet!Need information about my old helmet!

?

Default Re: Need information about my old helmet!

Welcome to the forum , unfortunately as we are a predominantly WW2 and sometime WW1 forum this isn't really our thing and certainly not in the International Armoured vehilce and Artllery forum . although i'm at a bit of loss where i could move this too !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Persian/Iranian would be my guess. World steel helmets section might be appropriate, though it appears to be much older than the periods normally covered even in that section and it's not made of steel, or is it? Cool lid and I have no idea on value.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thought about that Jerry but as you say i don't think it fits there either , we don't usually see this sort of thing , maybe i'll put it in the SS Helmet section for a bit of mischief !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

ulio
    ?

I thought it was a forum on military antiques from all periods I'm new here so I do not know all the sections, but thank you for the answers I will continue my seach.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Thought about that Jerry but as you say i don't think it fits there either , we don't usually see this sort of thing , maybe i'll put it in the SS Helmet section for a bit of mischief !!!
    Maybe in discussions? Middle east archaeology is not my area, but someone might be into it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I don't think this is anything of any historical significance. It does not look Arabic, maybe a replica of something Persian?

mpw
    ?

From the photos supplied it definitely looks old and the style of construction seems to point to a Persian area of manufacture. Looks like the piece on the front was designed to hold something, feathers perhaps. So maybe used for ceremonial purposes.

Mark.