Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

New Purchases - Authentic?

Article about: Hi All, Last week I had some luck with a Craigslist listing for a DAK Pith Helmet. In addition to the Pith, I was able to pick up a few HJ and other TR related items. After leaving, I knew I

?

Default New Purchases - Authentic?

Hi All,
    Last week I had some luck with a Craigslist listing for a DAK Pith Helmet. In addition to the Pith, I was able to pick up a few HJ and other TR related items. After leaving, I knew I had to go back as the person had more items for sale. With that said, below are the items I picked up my 2nd time around. $90 is what I paid for the lot.

I've been able to identify the majority of the pins (tinnies) however would like the boards opinion on whether or not they are authentic. The same goes for the Kriegsmarine breast eagle and NSDAP hat pin. I'm 99% sure both are the real deal, however being in the early stages of collecting TR items, I welcome critique from the experts on this board.

Also, I'd like some feedback on the "flag". Not sure it is even a flag as there are no loops for it to be raised on a pole. Could it have been draped in some manner? There seems to be remnants on the boarder of push pins where it would have been hung on a wall, however I'm not sure if this was a collectors doing, or how it was originally displayed.

Finally, I'm at a loss on the medal referencing the Wuerttemberg Kriegerbund. Any ideas what this would have been issued for? It appears to be named as well on the reverse (Francis?).

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Purchases - Authentic?   New Purchases - Authentic?  

New Purchases - Authentic?   New Purchases - Authentic?  

Default Re: New Purchases - Authentic?

Congrats as you did very well. All are original items.

The Wuerttemberg Kriegerbund was a local State Veterans association. The one you have would be a commemorative pin for 25 years membership.

The flag was indeed be some kind of wall hanger.

Cheers, Ade.

90 bucks, you lucky, lucky sod.....
    very nice iron cross.....

What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.
    Adolf Hitler

?

Thanks, Guys! I appreciate your expertise as always! Yes, I for sure got very lucky....I've probably used up all of my luck on future items with this seller alone....but I'm content as I've been able to pick up some real nice TR and Imperial German items at a good price, and now my collection is not so lopsided (I focused mostly on US items)...

I took a stab at identifying the awards on the ribbon bar...I have it as follows in order from left to right. Am I close?

Thanks!

Württemberg Militär-Verdienstmedaille

WWI Hindenburg with Swords

Oldenburg Friedrich August-Kreuz 2

Long Service with Cross (does the cross denote years?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Purchases - Authentic?  

I belive the US Dime in the photos too is authentic! lol Nice finds!

The emblem on the Faithful Service Cross does indeed donote the class of medal: silver for 25 years, gilt for 40 years.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ha! Thanks, Duke! Yes, I paid thousands to have the dime appraised by a professional from the American Numismatic Association. They evaluated the coin using an electron microsope and indeed confirmed it is a standard, 1988, cirulated, Philadelphia mint, Roosevelt dime worth exactly $0.10. I was very pleased with their findings!

@ Ade, Thank you again for the information. I have to say you're like search engine for the forum, but much more efficient. Have you considered lending yourself to the likes of Google or Yahoo? Much appreciated as always!

Good score, yuengling, All very nice for only $90 !
    Regards,

Steve.