Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice car boot sale finds

Article about: Picked these two items up today from a car boot sale; a Solido Tiger tank, dating from 1969. It's very heavy, and even has suspention on the tracks. They don't make em like that these days!

Default Nice car boot sale finds

Picked these two items up today from a car boot sale; a Solido Tiger tank, dating from 1969. It's very heavy, and even has suspention on the tracks. They don't make em like that these days!
    Second item I found is a US First aid kit, from 1944. It's a bit battered, but complete. I'm over the moon with the Tiger, my favourite model tank. It's dated 6 june 1944, so I guess it's a D-Day thing. Had a quick look on google, and they sell for around 40 euros. I paid 8 euros for both items. I told the seller I didn't really collect US stuff, and he told me he had some cool German gear that he would bring next time. He says he has a SA dagger, a SS and LW buckle and some other bits and pieces. Told him I'll pay 400 euros for the dagger if it is a good one and in good nick, and he agreed with the price. Was that a stupid thing to do, or does that seem a good price for a good one?
    Hope you like my Tiger as much as I do!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice car boot sale finds   Nice car boot sale finds  

Nice car boot sale finds   Nice car boot sale finds  

Nice car boot sale finds  

Default Re: Nice car boot sale finds

I had one of those tanks once same thing but not dated that early

I like the tank and a good year to be made I was made in 1968 and born in 69 so I like it even more congrats, and I like the first aid packet too.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I also just bought one of these Solido Tigers - I can't afford the real thing.........!

You got a great deal on it and the US Carlisle tin.
    Regards,

Steve.