Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old Shoes I Think Are German

Article about: Any thougths and or Opinions? Childrens size for sure.....These are a Vet bring back. Thanks Mike

Default Old Shoes I Think Are German

Old Shoes I Think Are GermanOld Shoes I Think Are German

Any thougths and or Opinions? Childrens size for sure.....These are a Vet bring back.

Thanks Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-14-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: Old Shoes I Think Are German

So curious to know the history of how he got these. Did he befriend a young german boy/girl, take them from the dead, very interesting that they got in his catch that he sent home of TR items.

Interesting. The metal toe tips for sure look to be German,such as you see dug up all the time. Leather shoes were in incredible demand in German war-time-this is why you always see the pictures of the KZ camps with piles of thousands of shoes being shipped back to the civilians for re-use. These shoes were obviously hand-made-doubtless for a child for whom shoes could Not be obtained.(or maybe a petite little cute blonde German woman? Although,now that I think about it,I doubt it-taking her shoes would have been kinda Mean...lol Unless...he had given her a pair of Real shoes and she gave them to him to remember her by? Great...Now you've got Me doing it...sigh) Just why the GI brought them home is a book in itself,if only the story was known. A person could do "Maybe because" or "it Might have been" on them forever! But,sadly,in the end,without being to ask the only person who knew for sure-the GI-the history of them will forever remain a mystery. Who can say?..maybe he just thought they were cool! I wonder what the leather thing was that got cannibalized to make these originally was. A good conversation piece,if nothing else-and one that you're not going to keep seeing everywhere! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, my German friends down the street said they were German, but you are right, the story is worth gold, but then again he could have just found them and liked them, then again he could have befriended some young German boy/girl, and traded them. Interesting. I would at least like to find out "where" they might have come from country etc. but I guess I will wait and see if someone might give a hint to these and there origin.

Mike

Dont now about them but I like them Mike!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very interesting pieces!

Thanks Eric and GP here we go on another quest for the unknown

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Thanks Eric and GP here we go on another quest for the unknown
    It's just a crazy post! In a good way! Those kicks look most uncomfortable though. We are talking about 70 years though. WILD!!! I think that wearing them with socks would be a crime though, Sorry, had to say it!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    It's just a crazy post! In a good way! Those kicks look most uncomfortable though. We are talking about 70 years though. WILD!!! I think that wearing them with socks would be a crime though, Sorry, had to say it!
    I know alot of the folks back then wore clogs, clogs? is that correct, made from wood, very popular. My German friends told me the leather cleats on the bottom were for walking in the snow, but I'm not 100% sure if they are German or Dutch, well see....

Beats walkin' in the snow of the German winter of '45,though! If you notice,the soles have leather patches tacked on them for traction,so,no doubt,these shoes were worn in icy snow and slush. Brrr... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast