Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

out of the attic from the vet

Article about: I like that helmet. chris

?

Default out of the attic from the vet

I had the most unbelievable day today. I went to the bank and on the way in I saw a older gentleman walking to the door so I stopped and held it open. He said Hi I know you dont I . I said no I dont think so. Well his memory is better then mine. A few years back I had stopped and talked to him about a cannon in his front yard. As we walked in I said if you ever want to get rid of it call me. We talked in line and walked out about the same time .So we talked a little more in the parking lot. I told him I collect WWII. He tells me he has a helmet and a fire bayonet dagger what ever and if I want them follow him up to the house. I talked with him for almost three hours . The helmet he told me he got in the bulge he was in signals and went in after the battle was over he said they were everywhere. The fire bayonethe said he picked up just before he came home. As I was about to leave he handed me the other knife said he bought it in England in 43 and carried it his whole time in the ETO. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't take any money. As I was leaving he told me to leave my # said he has some more stuff if he can find it he would give me a call.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture out of the attic from the vet   out of the attic from the vet  

out of the attic from the vet   out of the attic from the vet  

out of the attic from the vet  

Default Re: out of the attic from the vet

its amazing this is the third time in 2 days i've heard of things being given away for free loving the generosity of 2013

Nice items from a generous gent...

Regards,

Brian.

Nice items, like the helmet! I'm sure something like that would have made anyone's day

Nice ! I wish somebody would give me fire bayo :-)

?

Crites I read one of those other post and even posted on it . Things like this never happen to me . Brian yes he was very much the gentleman. Slados I'm still beside myself in disbelief. Gary

?

Meyle the blade is mint and unmarked but the rest is very rough. I like the other knife it has a great feel in your hand. Gary

It's great to see these incredible items with someone who appreciates them...Well done!
    cheers, Glenn

All I ever get when I go to the bank is excuses why I'm not eligible to refinance. You get a freaking awesome helmet! Damn you! If you ever wanna get rid of it, you know where to find me. Almost looks like a sand camo. Hard to tell.

It is a lovely helmet i love the fact that it has no decals at all i love the plainness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast