Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

This Past Weekend Finds

Article about: This past weekend me and the kid made our monthly rounds to our local hot spots, a swap meet, antique row and a local military surplus store. Here is what we brought home.... This US Army ja

Default This Past Weekend Finds

This past weekend me and the kid made our monthly rounds to our local hot spots, a swap meet, antique row and a local military surplus store. Here is what we brought home....

This US Army jacket is and M-1950 “Ike”dated 20 May, 1953. It’s spotless and has only one very small moth hole. It also came with the khaki shirt, OD tie and a pair of army OD wool socks. We need to pick up a set of collar devices and some period service ribbons to finish it off. The patch is for the Army Far East Command which was eliminated in 1957 when the Pacific Command was established. We picked this up at a local antique store we’ve been quite lucky at, for $35.

This Past Weekend Finds

This Past Weekend Finds

This US Navy jumper is my favorite of the weekend, got it at a militaria swap meet from a guy I’ve gotten some great deals from before. It was still stuffed in his truck, I could see it buried through his open door. He was side tracked talking to people so he told me to make myself at home and dig through what ever I wanted. Came up with this great looking WWII era wool jumper and 13 button pants both named to the same sailor E. J. Wood. The patch indicates the sailor was part of an Amphibious Forces Party, picked the set up for 15 bucks. The guy has the flat hat, which is also named to the same sailor and he is going to bring it to me next month.

This Past Weekend Finds

This Past Weekend Finds

We also grabbed this Russian Sailor hat from the same guy, I believe the sash indicates this hat belonged to the Baltic Fleet. These sailor hats are pretty common but they sure look cool so I grabbed it.

This Past Weekend Finds

Spotted the PASGT helmet, at the swap meet, for 20 bucks so I grabbed it. It's a pretty clean helmet but is a size small.

This Past Weekend Finds

This Past Weekend Finds

Last stop was the military surplus store, as my kid needed to pick up some stuff for airsofting. They had a mess of Vietnam M-1’s in a bucket for $19 each, with liners, but all the chin straps were pretty rough so I passed on all of them. Some lady and her two little boys were there shopping and the two little ones walked out each with one of these M-1’s on their head....sure to be destroyed in short order I am sure. I grabbed this Swiss M-71 as we were walking out the door. Not very collectable I know but it was a bargain price and with the cover on, will look great up on the shelf.

This Past Weekend Finds

This Past Weekend Finds

Was a good day all in all.....

Russ & Son

Default Re: This Past Weekend Finds

Great finds Russ. The Navy jumper set was a bargain !

You'll need to find a cover for the Fritz - it may
    cost you more than the helmet.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: This Past Weekend Finds

Yea Steve, I think we got a great bargan on the sailor suit. I'm sure the guy (I should actually ask him is name the next time I see him) is going to do me right with the flat hat as well, he's always given me great deals.

Had a desert pattern cover with the USMC EGA, for the PASGT in my hand but it had a name tag ironed on the back in digi cam....it just didn't look right so I passed.