Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Marines Tea tray

Article about: The wife found this tea tray at the boot sale Sunday it looks like the background has been done with coloured foil, not to sure about the age of the tray. z4

Default Royal Marines Tea tray

The wife found this tea tray at the boot sale Sunday it looks like the background has been done with coloured foil, not to sure about the age of the tray.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Marines Tea tray  

RMR
    ?

Default re: Royal Marines Tea tray

I don't think it's coloured foil it looks more like butterfly wing a speciality of various South American countries so maybe who ever had it made was at one of the training camps our special forces have out there Belize maybe .RMR

On closer inspection the glass is painted black so is the badge text and outline of the dagger then the clear parts then the clear glass has been filled with coloured foil. I have attached a close up pic but its not very clear.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Marines Tea tray  

RMR
    ?

Hi I wasn't talking about the whole picture just the blue areas,but maybe it is just a reverse glass painting.RMR

Queen's crown on badge so it's post-1952.

PG
    ex-RMFVR/RMR

I think it has some age to it. It most likely dates from the 1950's. My wife has a wartime ATS version in her collection. This type of decoration was popular back then. She also has photo frames done in the same style.

Cheers, Ade.