Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saved from the bin!!!!

Article about: Hi was working around this house in London and they guy was clearing out his loft and putting boxes next to the bins.An old guy came past and started to rummage in a box of magazines and too

Default Saved from the bin!!!!

Hi was working around this house in London and they guy was clearing out his loft and putting boxes next to the bins.An old guy came past and started to rummage in a box of magazines and took a couple and walked off.I went and had a lookand they were 1970s mags called gun quite interesing but didnt have too much time to read as i get paid per job and that was my first of the day.When i was clearing up the guy came from the house for a chat i commented on the magazines and he said take them if you want there were approx 200 of them so i said ok but im really more into ww2 things.He said you would of loved it yesterday i had loads of ww2 magazines skirmish and images of war they went in about half hour.He said tell you what ive got thats going to be chucked away and ready to go and went to get two boxes and he didnt want anything for them!!!! He said youve saved them from the bin mate i was gobsmacked to say the least.Would love to know what the tan sling is off no markings im afraid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saved from the bin!!!!   Saved from the bin!!!!  

Saved from the bin!!!!   Saved from the bin!!!!  

Default Re: Saved from the bin!!!!

must also be a complete set of war illustrated.

The tan strap is commonly used on the Thompson sub machine gun (if it's the strap I think you're talking about!)

thanks for that would make sense with amount of american gear there.Didnt think about that thanks.

The middle canteen looks like it has it's cup inside the cover, but what is hiding in the left hand cover? It looks like a smaller canteen of some sort that was just put in an empty cover. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi its a British canteen 1953 dated with cup in a 1945 British canteen cover

NCA
    ?

Sweet!Nice save.It doesnt get better than that!
    It keeps me awake at night thinking of the things folk throw away...must be my inner Womble.

Lol me as well never thought id save something in time who in the right mind throws this sort of stuff away????

NCA
    ?

Any markings on the Thompson mag pouch?Its sometimes inside the belt loop on the back...Top picture bottom left.

Hi yes Bold U.S. B.B.INC 1943 to the rear very strong print

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast