Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saved from the trash !

Article about: Nice find friend.

CBH
    ?

Default Saved from the trash !

I have not picked up much new stuff lately , mostly the prices these days . I did find this nice group , a friend who worked for a cleaning company ,was dumping a trailer , the power lift was broken so he had to unload it by hand . And this is what he stepped on ! It was packed into the sewing kit . It came from a soldier in the Nova Scotia Highlanders , I've posted his uniform jacket earlier . It just goes to show what is still out there , to be found .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saved from the trash !   Saved from the trash !  

Default Re: Saved from the trash !

What a crisp infanterie sturmabzeichen! I love the bold swastika on that one. I wonder what the maker is?

What a great find, why the hell would people throw this away?

Great score, congratulations! And what a nice-looking Legion Condor Wound Badge! It's amazing what comes our way...
    cheers, Glenn

A very nice find, indeed. I'm glad it was rescued from the trash! Amazing what folks will throw away without realizing it.

Lucky lucky find. Imagine the stuff that gets to landfill un-noticed

CBH
    ?

It's unmarked , but here are a couple of close ups . I hope that helps , with finding the maker .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saved from the trash !   Saved from the trash !  

The eagle reminds me very much of an unmarked solid GAB that I had, Dan (danmark) has it now. I can't remember if I found out who the maker was.

Unbelievable! What are the chances the power lift was broken. If it hasn't been, this would all be lost. Makes you wonder what else has been missed over all these years. Good for you!

CBH
    ?

Thanks for all the nice replies . I still remember hearing of a SS officer belt buckle being thrown out in the trash ! Also a good friend who was a WW2 vet , told me he and his friends would use German medals to open beer bottles ! When they broke , they tossed them away ! I just wish I had have made note of where they drank , it would be a great place to medal detect . Thanks again .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast