Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scrapbook with bring backs

Article about: Got this awesome scrapbook today is filled with all kinds of history of this gentleman.

?

Default Scrapbook with bring backs

Got this awesome scrapbook today is filled with all kinds of history of this gentleman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scrapbook with bring backs   Scrapbook with bring backs  

Scrapbook with bring backs   Scrapbook with bring backs  

Very nice pick up cheers for showing

?

That is great! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Thanks Rene and Rich A. also got a bunch of WWI kit will post them in another thread.

These are almost non existent today. Very common to find them decades ago, I imagine most made it to the garbage pail.
    Thanks for showing

?

I buy them when ever I can . the sad part is the paper they are made from is disintegrating with time.

I can't remember the last time I saw something like this for sale. Not on a dealer site anyway. Yes...must handle it very carefully to avoid damage. Many were most likely stored in poor environments

?

Up here in up state New York they either went down into a wet basement or a attic that was wicked cold in the winter and hot as hell in the summer . Not good for anything . The best I mean the beat one I ever saw was from a navy guy who was on the d-day invasion he had photos that you wouldn't believe . his ship after it unloaded took wounded and prisoners back to England he was telling me if a prisoner had it and you wanted it you just took it . the album was full of photos pins patches . the vet that showed it to me passed it onto his family man I would have loved to have that one . Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Up here in up state New York they either went down into a wet basement or a attic that was wicked cold in the winter and hot as hell in the summer . Not good for anything . The best I mean the beat one I ever saw was from a navy guy who was on the d-day invasion he had photos that you wouldn't believe . his ship after it unloaded took wounded and prisoners back to England he was telling me if a prisoner had it and you wanted it you just took it . the album was full of photos pins patches . the vet that showed it to me passed it onto his family man I would have loved to have that one . Gary
    Upstate N.Y. is a "Hot Spot" for uncovered treasures. You are in a good area. Would put an ad in your local newspaper for military artifacts.

I like Catskill. Nice area there as you get west from the river and up into the mountains. A great piece of NY history. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast