Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Beer bottle

Article about: This is an unusual find

Default SS Beer bottle

This is an unusual find
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Beer bottle   SS Beer bottle  

SS Beer bottle  

MAP
    ?

Another fake. There was a thread here on them a few years back. I will try to find it.

And again...what is your question? Assuming you want to know something about it. Are you buying it? Do you own it? (Thank you and Please?)

Edit: Yup...boy my memory is good. (then again, this is the first post I read when I joined the forum...so kind of have to remember it. See Post #1, 2 and 3)

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I found this info on them and have seen prices of $600 on them.
    DESCRIPTION: The bottles featured here are probably from the SS Krautengarten at Dachau. The word “Heidelager” is on the porcelain cap of each one. The caps also say “SS Eigentum (SS property). The bottles vary in size and style giving the distinct possibility that different brews might have been bottled in each one. The bottles may have contained aqua vita, an herbal brew consumed by the gallons by the SS legions. The drinks always came in dark bottles—green in particular— because I can tell you as a clinical nutritionist that this is the proper way to bottle medicinal or beneficial liquids because sunlight can and probably will oxidize and thus deteriorate the contents in short order. The cap of porcelain is the snap-shut style that puts a seal on the bottleneck that is airtight. The bottles probably originated from an herbal garden and were used at the concentration camp Dachau, and others. The garden was a favorite project of SS-Reichsführer Himmler, himself. The SS and NSDAP were at all times extremely health-conscious. Cigarettes were frowned upon, and even forbidden in the Luftwaffe and Allgemeine-SS. The experiments in herbal treatment and cures continued right up to the end of 1945. Whole-grain breads and the soybean were extolled. The garden, personally supervised by Himmler, was worked by Polish and Lithuanian personnel. Often, monks, priests, and other clergyman, who were often convicted of treasonous activity, were selected for these labors because of their interests in herbal experimentation. The bottles offered here are very rare and very few have ever been offered, and they are in perfect condition. They are also in different measurements and shapes. They were purchased from different sources and are very reasonably priced considering their rarity.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Another fake. There was a thread here on them a few years back. I will try to find it.

And again...what is your question? Assuming you want to know something about it. Are you buying it? Do you own it? (Thank you and Please?)

Edit: Yup...boy my memory is good. (then again, this is the first post I read when I joined the forum...so kind of have to remember it. See Post #1, 2 and 3)

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Schutzstaffel: The SS

An appalling site that spews out junk into an innocent world of the gullible and those soon parted from their hard earned treasure. Pfui.

There is a handful of authentic items there, but the bulk are all fantasy and humped up splendors that underscore the pit falls

of this pursuit.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-16-2017 at 05:26 AM.

I found this link about them.

I have collected SS regalia since the 1960s. I have never seen an authentic item of such regalia with the term " SS Eigentum."

Never. If I am wrong, please set me straight. I am always eager to learn, as my posts suggest.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. I do not know this dealer nor his reputation. But I would believe Ade and the other members here until proven otherwise.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

AIF
    ?

What?? Those super rare "probably bottled at Dachau" SS beer bottles are only $600 each!! I'll take 10 please!!

I honestly thought they were fakes until I saw that picture of Himmler in the herbal garden, now I am convinced.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have collected SS regalia since the 1960s. I have never seen an authentic item of such regalia with the term " SS Eigentum."

Never. If I am wrong, please set me straight. I am always eager to learn, as my posts suggest.
    This information appears genuine, about the bottles.

I think I can get a few if anyone wants one, let me know.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast