Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID

Article about: Can anyone identify this unusual steel flask. I believe this flask or canteen may be a military battlefield relic. It came from an estate of a collector of just about anything and everything

Question Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID

Can anyone identify this unusual steel flask.
    I believe this flask or canteen may be a military battlefield relic. It came from an estate of a collector of just about anything and everything. It could have come from any where in the world. The piece is marked on both sides at the center with a cattle brand like logo of an H in a circle, mark looks like a baseball with a cross bar connecting the seam lines. The logo stamp must have been a two stage process as the one side does not have the H centered in the circle. The material is all steel with welded seams, the cap is cast iron and the rest of it is formed heavy sheet steel with the neck and spout being a short section of steel pipe welded in place. I have puzzled over this thing for years and have seen anything quite like it . It is 4 ¼” wide and 9 ¼” tall without the cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID   Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID  

Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID   Steel Canteen Coffin Flask ID