Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Todays Purchases

Article about: Just thought id share with you a few items i picked up at the local antique market today. First of all, what i believe to be a pair of 21st army patches (i stand to be corrected??)

Default Todays Purchases

Just thought id share with you a few items i picked up at the local antique market today.

First of all, what i believe to be a pair of 21st army patches (i stand to be corrected??)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todays Purchases   Todays Purchases  

Default Re: Todays Purchases

A book from 1930 entitled "songs that won the war". Certain songs that may not be appropriate to sing in church are not included unfortunately.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todays Purchases   Todays Purchases  

Cool Re: Todays Purchases

A Royal Observer Corps Training Manual File (empty) from 1958.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todays Purchases  

This interesting English-German dictionary dated June 1945. I originally thought this was civilian until i noticed it has quite a lot of military terms in it. Any ideas?

Ministry of food, manual of nutrition from 1945.

A nice clean example of a Sam Browne belt. Does anyone know a way of dating them?

And last, but certainly not least, (now i know what it is thanks to fellow forum members), a Ostvolk Medaille (which was being sold as a piece of costume jewelry). I have uploaded more detailed images of this is the appropriate (i think) category.

Nice finds! I love the phrase book!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice finds! I love the phrase book!

Nick
    Its great, it has a whole section on military phrases. Would these have been given to soldiers or would they have been private purchases?

nice finds - I love it when a seller has NO IDEA ( Ostvolk medal )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast