Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench Art Lamp

Article about: Hello. I am new to this site so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum. My weekend pastime is perusing garage/yard sales I recently stumbled upon what i believed to be just 'a cool meta

Jenifer Duncan Jameson
    ?

Question Trench Art Lamp

Hello. I am new to this site so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum. My weekend pastime is perusing garage/yard sales I recently stumbled upon what i believed to be just 'a cool metal lamp of some sort'. It's definitely an artillery shell body on a wooden square base, original wiring, no shade, heavy brass that tapers toward the top with a silver tip. (sorry having issues uploading a pic ) I am not a history buff, but a woman who loves to decorate with unusual items. Said lamp cost 50 cents so i brought this brass beauty home. Upon further inspection by my husband (the history buff) believes my purchase to be worthy (in some fashion). I have honestly searched the internet for this particular artillery shell information or pictures for days now with no luck. Any information would be appreciated. I would love to know the history of my newest treasure! I plugged it in & it works looks to be original wiring too.

On the casing are the markings Lot 15477-13 1941 E.M. 37MM., M54-R.L.B.

Thank You.
    PS ... I'm hooked

Default Re: Trench Art Lamp

Hi Jenifer and welcome to the forum!

The shell will be for the US 37mm Gun M1 (an anti aircraft gun).

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Jenifer Duncan Jameson
    ?

Question Re: Trench Art Lamp

Thanks you so much for your help! Do you believe there is a market for this item?

Quote by adrian stevenson View Post
    hi jenifer and welcome to the forum!

The shell will be for the us 37mm gun m1 (an anti aircraft gun).

Cheers, ade.

Default Re: Trench Art Lamp

I am sure someone would buy it. Sadly I have no idea of value.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!