Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unique Trench Art Vase Planter

Article about: My Father found this piece. He has had it for a while and is told it is definitely trench art. It is totally different than any of the trench art I find online. You can see on the interior w

Default Unique Trench Art Vase Planter

My Father found this piece. He has had it for a while and is told it is definitely trench art. It is totally different than any of the trench art I find online. You can see on the interior where letters and numbers from the shell casings were stretched when this was made. Could this all be made by hand? It is very beautifully detailed. Any idea on value? Thank you for all of your help.

Unique Trench Art Vase PlanterUnique Trench Art Vase PlanterUnique Trench Art Vase Planter

Default Re: Unique Trench Art Vase Planter

I forgot to include the size. It measures 10.75" across and 7" tall.

Anyone have any info on this piece?

Judging by the workmanship, I believe this is most likely a product of the postwar cottage industry which produced such "Shell-Art" during the economic hardship after the war....Value is probably more sentimental than commercial as I would expect such a piece to sell at around $35.00...There's just not too much interest in such items unless they have a military theme...
    Just my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-14-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Thank you very much for your help. I couldn't tell if it was all handmade or partly machine made. Your explanation does make sense.