Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

United Action

Article about: Hello Friends, I recently brought this home from a antique shop and thought i would share it with the forum. Do you have any ideas on what material would have been used along with this, pape

Default United Action

Hello Friends,

I recently brought this home from a antique shop and thought i would share it with the forum. Do you have any ideas on what material would have been used along with this, paper, plaster, clay, or? I look forward to your input. Dimensions are 12 3/4" x 9 5/8" x 1/2" or 32.3cm x 24.4cm x 1.27cm approx.

Take care and thanks for looking,

Mart

United ActionUnited ActionUnited ActionUnited ActionUnited ActionUnited Action

I should have mentioned that the tank and planes are recessed into the metal approx 1/16" + -.
    Last edited by Martin C; 05-11-2019 at 02:05 AM.

Mart,
    I'm just guessing here but to me it looks like a printing plate
    used to print off posters or magazine/ newspaper images.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you Greg! I appreciate your help.

Mart

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Mart,
    I'm just guessing here but to me it looks like a printing plate
    used to print off posters or magazine/ newspaper images.
    I'm with Greg on this one ..The spelling is reversed and when inked and rolling it would be legible.. Paper or poster.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

RMD
    ?

Greetings, Martin C.

.. I believe this to be a electrotyping print plate, first established in 1838 and commonly used up till around 1930-36. I think that's what the holes at the back are, inputs for current carrying wire.. While these were commonly used for printing with ink, they were also used to create art, medallions, coins, statue busts, and were even used with steel.

Typically, electrotyping is created by electric currents that flow back and forth between wires immersed in a special solution, with the wires connected to a desired mold. One form that was very popular was, copper electrotyping.

Hope this helps
    >>>>>> Youtube link / YouTube

United ActionUnited ActionUnited Action

MAP
    ?

Great item!!!

I would guess that there is not enough relief for this to be used for plaster or clay, it appears to shallow, so I would assume it would be paper. But assume this would be costly to make, so maybe for a book plate? Looks a little small for a poster.

Edit: Took a while to post as I Googled "United Action" to see if I could find match (nope). So RMD seems to have come up with the answer before I hit send.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Edit: Took a while to post as I Googled "United Action" to see if I could find match (nope).
    I did the same, hoping to find an actual print off of this plate.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I did the same, hoping to find an actual print off of this plate.
    If a Poster, there should have been some images out there. They would have been printed in the 1,000's. That is why I am assuming it is a plate for a book. Plus the smaller size is not ideal for posters which are meant to catch the eye in a window. Just my musings......could be wrong...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMO, it this were a printing plate, it would only need to be two dimensional, not three.
    The details in the recessed areas indicate that this was made for something else.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast