Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown medals and ribbons

Article about: I just had a quick question I have a couple of medals and ribbons given to me by my grandfather before his passing... he told me stories but never about what the medals and ribbons meant. an

PCMASTER13
    ?

Default Unkown medals and ribbons

I just had a quick question I have a couple of medals and ribbons given to me by my grandfather before his passing... he told me stories but never about what the medals and ribbons meant. and now I don’t know much about them.i tried looking for them online but had luck only with 2. Do you think that maybe someone can help me with the names of the Medals and ribbons... thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown medals and ribbons   Unkown medals and ribbons  

Unkown medals and ribbons   Unkown medals and ribbons  

Default Re: Unkown medals and ribbons

Hi, unsure of the rest so far, but the grips in photo 5 are from an FN pistol (maybe Baby Browning 6.35); Photo 6 is a tinnie/day badge (workers day) and photo 7 looks to be an American Marksman's badge.
    Tom

1 & 3 are something to do with the honouring of the German mothers, either day badges or something along those lines.
    Tom

No.4 is an Army Air Force flight jacket badge from WW2 for the 1st Troop Carrier Command. The motto reads - "He conquers who gets there first" or something similar. These are usually cloth patches.
    Tom

PCMASTER13
    ?

thank you so much you really help alot am truly greatful

Hi.
    Photo 5 shows sideplates from a FN model 1906, 6.35 mm caliber. This model was called "Baby Browning" in the early days, but this name was later officially given to a later model. The gun can be seen in this thread:https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...l-1906-a-5260/

Best regards
    Laplander

The last badge is a US Marksmans badge. Came in three grades, this one being the most comman. It could be awarded with a huge variety of bars. Pistol being one, this is late war or post war. Early war would have a M or D after the work PISTOL. Denoting mounted or dismounted from a horse. If its a particulary nice one it can be marked sterling and be made of silver, sometimes you get very lucky and find these maker marked, but thats very unusual.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.