Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

Article about: Hello all! My buddy got wind of a large sale for this coming weekend. Anyway, he said there was a bunch of World War II items, and I'd love to swoop in and buy some of this stuff to share wi

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

I'm really interested in the german belt buckles, the mauser variant... which I think is Argentinian based on pictures I found on google... and the W.W.I victory medal... I don't get out of work until 1PM on Saturday, so I hope I don't miss anything!

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

UPDATE!

My buddy finally got back to me. Turns out it's a little hole-in-the-wall auction and these pictures are lots. I've never participated in an auction before... can someone offer tips or tricks on how to "win" these particular lots? Again, I would prefer not to overpay!

I hope you can pick up something you want there at the sale..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve... I'm thinking about sending my buddy with a few hundred dollars. Maybe I'll get lucky! He says the auction isn't doing phone in bids or anything like that...

The rifle that has a cut down stock is a Krag Jorgensen, if I remember correctly

I'd choose what lot(s) I wanted to bid on, and then decide on an absolute
    maximum amount of money you would be willing to spend on it.
    Just don't go over your maximum...............!

( If the auction is not that well advertised, or if there are not
    too many other people interested in militaria, you might
    get some great bargains)
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'd choose what lot(s) I wanted to bid on, and then decide on an absolute
    maximum amount of money you would be willing to spend on it.
    Just don't go over your maximum...............!

( If the auction is not that well advertised, or if there are not
    too many other people interested in militaria, you might
    get some great bargains)
    Yeah, that's the plan I sort of have right now... I just need to give my friend an idea of how much to bid on each lot.

For example, what do you guys think about $200 for the lot including the two German buckles?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Yeah, that's the plan I sort of have right now... I just need to give my friend an idea of how much to bid on each lot.

For example, what do you guys think about $200 for the lot including the two German buckles?
    Bidding will probably start at $20 or so for each lot. Depending on what
    that US WWII medal is, If it were me, I'd set a maximum of $250
    on this lot, and I'd only go over by around $20 if the medal
    is something decent, or how bad I wanted the lot..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is a picture showing more of what is in the lot with the belt buckles. I know the picture is horrible, but can anyone I.D. anything else?

Also, there is a Japanese flag up for sale there too.

Can anyone offer a better idea as to what the buckle lot and the Japanese flag are worth?

wow nice auction, Steve on the money on his estimates. The misc. buttons at bottom of top photo appear to be us dress jacket buttons. Two Patches that look somewhat like a American shield are china-Burma patches. Patch look like two lightning bolts is middle east patch(if i recall correctly). The A patch is an army group patch.

Army belt buckles, right one seem good condition and Purple Heart are what catch my eyes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast