Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Vacation Finds

Article about: Our recent vacation to South Dakota included a couple of days of snooping around in antique shops. Here’s what we picked up and shipped back home! We picked up this M1 because we needed a ch

Default Vacation Finds

Our recent vacation to South Dakota included a couple of days of snooping around in antique shops. Here’s what we picked up and shipped back home!

Vacation Finds

We picked up this M1 because we needed a chin strap to complete the M1 we already have and for 15 bucks, the price was right. Had intended to just take the strap off and leave the shell behind, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it so I guess what, we’re still looking for a chin strap for our other lid. I’ve got some questions on the M-1 but I’ll post those on another thread with a bunch of photos.
    Vacation Finds

This cap I’m not sure of yet, I’ve seen a few photos of similar visor caps but I’ve not done any real digging yet, it appears to be authentic though, made by Berkshire. I’ll post more photos of it later on in the appropriate thread.
    Vacation Finds

I think we did good on this M2 Gas Mask, it’s in pretty darn good shape and comes with all the extras. I still need to figure out if it is an A2 or an A3, I’m not familiar with the exhaust valves yet, M8 or C12 I don’t know the difference.
    Vacation Finds

Picked up this, and another couple of front page papers headlining the Surrender by Japan.
    Vacation Finds

My kid just had to have that other gas mask in the back right of the first photo, I think it is Israeli but not sure, that’s for him to figure out.

We tried to pick up a Spanish M42/79 that the store had priced like it was a German lid. My kid kept trying to convince the store owner otherwise but he wouldn’t budge, saved me 40 bucks. Also passed up a German WWII Civilian gas mask, the one with the large flat filter, can't recall the model right off the top of my head? It was a little rough and I recall seeing these things on Ebay, still in the box, for cheep.

Think we did OK, all totaled up we spent right at $100 plus another $20 to ship home.

Russ & Son

Default Re: Vacation Finds

Nice finds! I especially like the Gas Mask.

Thanks Blitz...the kid found the M2 then badgered they guy for 20 minutes on it. We actually walked away from it the first day, went back the next and made him an offer....SOLD, should have offered less.....oh well, we still got it for a steel I think.

Very nice.

All the best
    Stig Erik