Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vampire wing tank!

Article about: I haven't exactly just found this - I have had it for 30 years - but as it is hanging up in a friend's storage facility and he wants it out, I need to do something. It's a wing fuel tank fro

Default Vampire wing tank!

I haven't exactly just found this - I have had it for 30 years - but as it is hanging up in a friend's storage facility and he wants it out, I need to do something.
    It's a wing fuel tank from a DeHavilland Vampire jet fighter, I got it from a guy years ago who wanted to cut it up to make a belly tank dry lakes racer!!!!!
    Anyway, I will put it in the classifieds but I have NO IDEA of it's value? ....... or who would want it. I'm not chasing a fortune, but don't want to see it go to waste or scrap at $1.50 a kg

Any ideas?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vampire wing tank!   Vampire wing tank!  

Vampire wing tank!   Vampire wing tank!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: Vampire wing tank!

Get creative Dan...Turn it into a canoe!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'd like to see it made into a SUBMARINE !
    Hard to deal with pieces of this size.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'd like to see it made into a SUBMARINE !
    Hard to deal with pieces of this size.........
    Well...If the canoe deal doesn't work out right, that's what he'll end up with!!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lol, Ned - you slay me.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Great idea Ned - This guy made TWO canoes!!!
    Better still is the midget sub idea - in Sydney harbour for the 70th year anniversary Jap attack!! ( but then I too could be scuttled )
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vampire wing tank!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks cool! Why not drop an outboard on it like those pesky ex-Viet Cong do?

Vampire wing tank!

Or buy a Harley and strap it to the side?? YEAH!!!

Vampire wing tank!

We have this guy here in Estonia Marinemine - The Mine furniture I bet he could work it out

Hmm..interesting thing, but Shipping could be a Wee bit on the Pricey side, I'm thinking....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

cut the top off an turn it into a hot tub for your garden, you even have the drain holes on the bottom already in place lol