Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Very nice flea market find

Article about: Just got back from a car boot sale, went to the first one but no luck; no German finds so moved on to the second market. Found thid lovely item in a box with some K98 amo clips. I recognized

Default Very nice flea market find

Just got back from a car boot sale, went to the first one but no luck; no German finds so moved on to the second market. Found thid lovely item in a box with some K98 amo clips. I recognized it straight away; a Winterdrücker for a K98 rifle, and in mint condition. I asked the guy where he got it from, and he told me his father had it for many years. He told me it was a part of a German sight, but he never knew how it was placed or how it worked. So I bought it of him and told him afterwards what it was.
    Like I said it is in very good condition, I reckon it has been in its grease since the war. Nice piece of history of the battle of the Bulge.
    Anybody knows why it doesn't have a WaA marking? And what does the "S" mean?
    My best geuss is that it's late war.
    As I already have one in my collection (not as nice as this one) I'm putting this one up for sale. If there is any interest, just drop me a line.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PICT0100.JPG   PICT0099.JPG  

PICT0098.JPG   PICT0101.JPG  

Default Re: Very nice flea market find

If i may aks. For how much did you buy it? And can i see the box and clips it came with? Thanks.

Default Re: Very nice flea market find

I paid 15 euros for it, and it was sold last week for 70 euros. Cheers.