Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Very nice flea market find

Article about: Just got back from a car boot sale, went to the first one but no luck; no German finds so moved on to the second market. Found thid lovely item in a box with some K98 amo clips. I recognized

Default Very nice flea market find

Just got back from a car boot sale, went to the first one but no luck; no German finds so moved on to the second market. Found thid lovely item in a box with some K98 amo clips. I recognized it straight away; a Winterdrücker for a K98 rifle, and in mint condition. I asked the guy where he got it from, and he told me his father had it for many years. He told me it was a part of a German sight, but he never knew how it was placed or how it worked. So I bought it of him and told him afterwards what it was.
    Like I said it is in very good condition, I reckon it has been in its grease since the war. Nice piece of history of the battle of the Bulge.
    Anybody knows why it doesn't have a WaA marking? And what does the "S" mean?
    My best geuss is that it's late war.
    As I already have one in my collection (not as nice as this one) I'm putting this one up for sale. If there is any interest, just drop me a line.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very nice flea market find   Very nice flea market find  

Very nice flea market find   Very nice flea market find  

Default Re: Very nice flea market find

If i may aks. For how much did you buy it? And can i see the box and clips it came with? Thanks.

Default Re: Very nice flea market find

I paid 15 euros for it, and it was sold last week for 70 euros. Cheers.