Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Waco CG4A glider graveyard KC area.

Article about: by mckinley If you would like to see our story, visit Feature - The Comeback of the Waco Glider Thank you ,great story,nice to see some people want to save our history.

Default Waco CG4A glider graveyard KC area.

Does anyone know where the location of this junkyard is in Kansas City area.I was told there was a couple of cockpit at the location.but could not get where it was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glider_graveyard_2_pano.jpg   Glider_graveyard_3_pano.jpg  

Glider_graveyard_1.jpg   Glider_graveyard_1_pano.jpg  

Default Re: Waco CG4A glider graveyard KC area.

Hi Chris, I will do some checking and see if I can find out anything. Unfortunately, by the looks of the photos, this location is out in the country, so I doubt its an operating junk yark. It's probably in some old farmers field.

Jay

?

Chris, to me these dont look like the supports for the Waco, i thought that the airframe was mainly aluminium, these look as if they are rusting, i might be wrong ?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hi Chris, I will do some checking and see if I can find out anything. Unfortunately, by the looks of the photos, this location is out in the country, so I doubt its an operating junk yark. It's probably in some old farmers field.

Jay
    I have tryed to do some research but no luck.what I do know Kansas city was a big part of the gliders for Normandy.2 or 3 factories in the Kansas city area but could not find where they were.would love to add a part to my collection.
    Thank you Jay for your helmet.
    here the website where I found this about 3 years ago.
    Atterbury-Bakalar Air Museum Home Page
    I contacted them but would not give me any info.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Chris, to me these dont look like the supports for the Waco, i thought that the airframe was mainly aluminium, these look as if they are rusting, i might be wrong ?
    I just posted the website where this came from.I am not a expert at all on this.but it would be nice to be able to have a piece of one or a cockpit.

Hi Dave, no these are OK: the airframes are steel on these. I have been up close to several in the South of France.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for that Ade. I now know what to look for when i get back to france in the new year, Glad that these are ok for you Chris, hope you manage to find them, cheers Dave

Thanks for that Ade. I now know what to look for when i get back to france in the new year, Glad that these are ok for you Chris, hope you manage to find them, cheers Dave
    I got a spot for it in my collection if I can get one.
    Thank you Brother.

Christians Dad
    ?

Their is a photo of one being restored (well I think the restoration has come to a grinding halt actually) sitting in a hanger on my son's web site. If interested, go to My Airspace - Home Page and hit the Historic Flabob Airport link on the left menu, scrowl down just a bit and you'll see it. The kid help to work on it one day, but as I said, I think the restoration has come to a halt.

Russ

You do have most of the glider there looks like.Do you know where it came from.great find.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast