Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Weekend Finds 2016

Article about: First of my weekend finds this year, a big farm sale, a real mixed bag of items, the stone jars with a red WD arrow, contain "Kephos" (applied to bear metal, before painting appare

Other finds this weekend were a trunk of Naval items (the seller thought they might be a Lodge or Freemasons type thing), including a dagger (not sure that it is Naval though), a NFS area 38 patch, some sort of cooking container and a nice trench art shell case. The trunk of items seem to be a very mixed lot, Admirals epaulettes, through to a drummers leather drum support ? The hanger for the dagger, would appear to go under a tunic ?, there are several of them in a bag also. There are no markings at all on the dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Hi Gary..I just got caught up with your thread..and it looks like a fruitful harvest. This should prove worthy for a collector and a good research project for some of the other unidentifiable items.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I particularly like the 2 Soldier's Pennies in post #8.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Check your PM's Gary, I had an idea about the windscreen- perhaps a collapsible windscreen as used on British scout or staff cars? 1940's era possibly.

Look on the net for an interior pic of Monty's Humber staff car, very similar idea (although armoured glass)

Cheers,

Dan

Things have been a bit quite lately, with bad weather cancelling many of the boot sales, the following were picked up 2/3 weekends ago. Factory sirens ?, I think wartime as they have the steady and wail switching, in working condition and very loud ! Late war or post war Voigtlander binoculars (only marking is 6x30), a 1918 dated "Buzzer Set Mark 235", some Gulf or Afghan badged shirts, a nice March 1944 "Chocolate & Boiled Sweet Tin", the scissors are also WD marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016  

This weekend 2/3 July, I put together a small display at the Bicester Heritage Centre, for their yearly Flywheel Show, as the 1st of July had been the start of the Battle of the Somme, I decided I'd try to mark the event with a trench scene.

Weekend Finds 2016  

I also picked up at the show in the Vintage Marquee, the following bits, a couple of vehicle handbooks and some nice, unusual badges.

Here's some finds from mid July, normal mix of tools and an SAS altimeter pouch, see the link below to the Karkee web page,

Infantry Equipment, Pattern 1958

Regards
    Gary

- - ------- - -

Here's some finds from mid July, normal mix of tools and an SAS altimeter pouch, see the link below to the Karkee web page,

Infantry Equipment, Pattern 1958

Regards
    Gary

Weekend Finds 2016  

?

Thank you for sharing your finds - its fascinating to see the things that are out there waiting to surface. The plug bayonet was quite special.

Regards, Philip

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast