Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Weekend Finds 2016

Article about: First of my weekend finds this year, a big farm sale, a real mixed bag of items, the stone jars with a red WD arrow, contain "Kephos" (applied to bear metal, before painting appare

Default Weekend Finds 2016

First of my weekend finds this year, a big farm sale, a real mixed bag of items, the stone jars with a red WD arrow, contain "Kephos" (applied to bear metal, before painting apparently), a nice home guard helmet with arm band and gas mask, usual tools and boxes etc.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016  

Another sale today, Sunday, talked to a chap yesterday, who said he had some spiked bayonets, said he would bring them to the sale today, as you will see they weren't spiked bayonets but 6x socket and a very rare plug bayonet. Had another good haul of items, a mystery WD windscreen (it's upside down in the photos, any ideas anyone ?), a Luftwaffe landing light, 2x L29A1 practice Sabot rounds, it's funny when you think that the plug bayonet and the Sabot rounds cover cutting edge weapons from the 1700's up to the 21st.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

Weekend Finds 2016   Weekend Finds 2016  

You did very well! I'm particularly fond of that large double edge in the last image.

Mart

?

I think also you did very good !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Excellent haul

I'm with Martin on that plug bayonet. Any possibilities of getting some close up pic's of that one?
    Does it have any markings?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here's a couple of better photos of the plug bayonet.

This is last weekends finds from two small sales, does anybody recognise the pair of the pliers and know what they do ?
    Regards Gary

Weekend Finds 2016  

Picked this number plate up yesterday at the local carboot, seller was given it by a soldier friend and was told it was removed from a vehicle in the Falklands, he also said it might have been on a vehicle that the army brought back from the Falklands, I wonder if there are any photos out there of the vehicle, during this period ?
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2016  

Nice items, you have found. Regards Wadim

Found the following on Sunday, at two boot sales, the most interesting being the "Fuehrer Conferences on Naval Affairs", two editions 1944 & 1945 (original Admiralty 1947 editions), see below for more details. The pliers appear to be some varient on the belt repair tool for the Vickers machine gun belt ? The shell and the shell case were on different stalls but fit together nicely for display.
    Regards
    Gary

Details for the above two booklets.
    The Fuehrer Conferences on Naval Affairs (Admiralty, 1947) comprise minutes of meetings between Hitler and Admiral Karl Doenitz (Dönitz), the Commander-in-Chief of the German Navy, 1944. Topics discussed include the Normandy landings, anti-invasion preparations, the failed attempt by General Ludwig Beck to assassinate Hitler, 20 July 1944, and the deteriorating naval situation, Oct-Dec 1944.

Weekend Finds 2016  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast