Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Weekend Finds 2017

Article about: To kick off the year, the following arrived here, from my good friend John in Normandy, all items were picked up locally to where he lives, German, British and American, the large box covere

Default Weekend Finds 2017

To kick off the year, the following arrived here, from my good friend John in Normandy, all items were picked up locally to where he lives, German, British and American, the large box covered in a 1970's fablon had a nice surprise beneath it, also the alloy M3 50 cal ammo box was a bit of an unusual find. The ammo box with the label inside is dated 31 May 1944, just before the launch of the D-Day landings !
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

So armed with a heat gun, this afternoon I gently removed the fablon to reveal the details on the lid of the large box.

Geb.H.40

I think it would be for the following, 10.5 cm Gebirgshaubitze 40 (10.5 cm GebH 40) German mountain howitzer.

Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017   Weekend Finds 2017  

MAP
    ?

Sweet surprise!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Finds from this mornings boot sale, interesting kit bag, a few tools and a nice pair of Gulf war issue boots.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weekend Finds 2017  

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

The clocks went forward one hour this morning in the UK, so the early start to a vintage clear out and auto jumble was even earlier than normal, well worth it though with the normal finds, a pair of 1945 British Officers brown boots, an 1940 Air Ministry shovel, but one that stands out, a spanner from U boat U141, I think this must be the WW1 U boat, as this was broken up in Upton here in the UK in 1922.

?

More nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.

Another farm jumble this morning, again normal run of the mill items, but there was a nice Kukri, an envelope with badges and a very interesting pair of binoculars, straight from a shed clearance ! Civilian binocular case, so who wants to a have guess what might be inside, the case measures 26cm high.
    Regards Gary

Weekend Finds 2017  

Nice Kukri. What are the markings on it? A shame the sheath is missing!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast