Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!

Article about: really nice stuff! and by the way would you have happen to get thoughs at a flea market near the new jersey, Pennsylvania boarder? if you did ive been to that one. - nick k

?

Default This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!

Hi all! These are my finds this week. I went a little crazy on the German items, but the prices were so good I couldn't resist!

The Ka-Bar is Vietnam era and was a freebie....The best pickup for me is the Pith Helmet which I got at a ridiculously low price. Thanks by the way to Jerry (Vonbond) for his help with this one!

The person I purchased the pith off of also had the HJ armband, belt buckle and medals...They had a bunch more items for sale but i didn't bring enough money with me to pick up the rest...another trip in my near future though!

Well, in any case, enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!   This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!  

This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!   This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!  

This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!  

?

Default Re: This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!

I forgot to throw up pictures of this SS parachute knife. I've never seen one before, thought it was authentic but after checking the board see it is a 1970's fantasy item.

Still a pretty cool piece and I got it for next to nothing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!   This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!  

Very nice items. I love the Pith helmet.

Steve T

All that I have to say is.....wow thats an awesome collection of finds that you have, pity that the knife is a fantasy piece, but none the less for some reason I quite like it

Thanks for showing

Danny

?

Thanks, all! Yeah, it's a shame the SS parachute knife isn't real....looking at it, you would think it's authentic to the period..it's even aged as though it was used then....but oh well, still makes for a cool conversation/display piece!

I have one of the "SS" folding knives as well. Bought it 20 years ago here in the states when I was very new to collecting. Just found out recently it was a fantacy item. ***** for both of us

?

Nice set of pick-ups there mate.
    Love the pith helmet, its in great condition considering its nearly 70 years old!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

nice finds man!

is your EKII maker marked?

Thumbs up Re: This Weeks Finds (5/9) - German Mania!

Hi Yuengling

These are all very nice items even the now dated fantasy knife. You really can't miss on that EKII en HJ armband, 70 years of history projected right on our computer screens. I like the Ka Bar knife as well, a very nice catch of diverse items to say the least...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I have to say these additions took my collection from a grade C to a A- for me! The Pith I look at every day as it sits in my bedroom and I can't believe how well it's held up. Quite amazing how these items stand the test of time....

Nick - I couldn't have said it better! 70 years of history. It's amazing to hold these items in your hand, from a medic pouch on a Marine's web belt to an SS General's visor cap. I always wonder where the item started, what it's been through and how it ended up with me (I don't have any SS caps, but I can dream!). It really makes you appreciate the items and the people who used them, good or bad.

Ob - It is maker marked 65 (Klein & Quenzer), unless my eyes decieve me. Photos below for your analysis!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast