Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Went To estate Sale Today..Found Norden Bombsight

Article about: Hi Guys, Went to an estate sale this morning and the first thing I saw as I walked in was this MK15 Mod 7 Norden bombsight. Gave the lady \\$300 now its mine.. Dont know what Im gonna do with

Default Re: Went To estate Sale Today..Found Norden Bombsight

Hello, the sight in the first post is an early sight, not the trail setting mechanism on the top right of the sight has a single lever on the dial. Later versions had additional parts, a much more complicated setup. The sight commonly called the :Norden " bombsight is based on a design by the Carl L Norden company and built under liscense by them and bu Minneapolis Honeywell and the Victor Adding machine company. The sights were designed for the NAVY to be used to bomb movinsg ships. The AAF soon realized the value of such a device and wanted them. The NAVY was very powerful and felt threatened by the AAAF so they resisted the AAF purchasing them from the Norden company. For a while, only the NAVY dealt with the Norden company and the AAF had to go thru them to get the sights. Thus, the NAVY anchor on so many of them including the AAF units. The majority of the "Norden" sights had the anchor stencilled below the tachometer drive on the front right of the sight. The sight and its stabilizer were a matched set, its rare to find both units together with matching serial numbers. The bombsight had a vertical axis gyro and its stabilizer had a horizontal axis gyro, they worked together as a set. Here is a link to some images I have posted online, there are many bombsight pictures there along with many other aviation related images from past projects. Not sure which page the bombsights are on, but there are lots of them.
    Aircraft, Aviation and more pictures, photos, and videos, from aviation on webshots
    Denny

This item was sold to an aviation museum in stockton ca.

?

Hi guys,I have a piece I picked up a few months ago and on the tag it says
    US NAVY - BU. of ORD
    S.B.A.E
    mark 1 mod 2
    INSP A.M NO N4959
    made by
    CARL L NORDEN inc
    and has a US with an anchor inbetween,any help working out exactly what this is would be great!
    Cheers Sean

?

Hi rnorbut,which piece do you want?the whole sight or the gyro?

rnorbut
    ?

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. I'd like the whole thing, But the football for sure

rnorbut
    ?

Quote by rnorbut View Post
    Sorry, forgot to answer your question. I'd like the whole thing, But the football for sure
    Have you considered my exchange for the Edison Player. I'll send pictures. I am a newbe to this so if I don't follow the rules properly please let me know. I also can sent original shootdown reports on my father,missing in action letters and original POW reports.. I'm very interested just don't know what to do next

?

For sure,shipping would cost you your favourite pet...

Guys, please can you take your bartering discussions into PM please. We don't really want personal details regarding addresses and such like on a public forum.

Cheers

Steve T

Leonard Pauley
    ?

I would be interested in buying this bomb sight. I am starting to collect flying goodies, including WWII equipment. Please contact me and let me know what you want, or want to trade for. Leonard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4