Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WH buckle and belt barn find

Article about: I found this buckle and belt a while ago in a barn. The front is worn off a bit, the back is better and still has some Feldgrau paint. The maker is Dr F & Co. I guess it is early war per

Default WH buckle and belt barn find

I found this buckle and belt a while ago in a barn. The front is worn off a bit, the back is better and still has some Feldgrau paint. The maker is Dr F & Co.
    I guess it is early war period because of the aluminium. Funny is that the belt it self has been shortend, and re-shortend again. Guess the Germans were running down on food too in '44!
    The farmer who ownes the barn first told me there were no German items left, it had all gone after the war. But when I had a look around I found some DAK Y straps, and this buckle. Oh that, yes that's been hanging on the wall since the Germans left. He didn't really see it as German military stuff (the stuff I was looking for), and he was supprised that I wanted the stuff.
    Anyway I sold the Y straps to a collector, much to cheap I later found out.
    Now I tried selling this buckle and belt on ebay, but they removed the ad because of the swastica.
    What do you guys think it would be wurth? And is there any interest here for this item?
    Thanks for any feedback.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH buckle and belt barn find   WH buckle and belt barn find  

WH buckle and belt barn find   WH buckle and belt barn find  

Default Re: WH buckle and belt barn find

Buckle and belt are both original, shame its been denazified
    Ben

I don't think its been denazified, its very worn. The buckle never left the farm, so nobody touched it since the end of the war. The other buckles that came out were steel ones, and they were also not denazified.

It is denazified.

Whether by something rubbing against it and obliterating the swaz,
    or intentionally done to remove it - it has been ruined.

To me it looks like it was intentional.........