MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think this is?

Article about: Greetings, what on earth is this? No, I dont mean the beer can. Found this today. Was told it was a fez box. I dont think so, but I have been known to be wrong, often. The pictures say it al

Default What do you think this is?

What do you think this is?What do you think this is?What do you think this is?What do you think this is?Greetings, what on earth is this? No, I dont mean the beer can.

Found this today. Was told it was a fez box. I dont think so, but I have been known to be wrong, often. The pictures say it all but I will add that it was bought in Egypt years ago. It is insulated, double sided and the leather and rivets are very old. It has three old paint jobs from over the years, OD, dark green and a redish primer that reminds me of some old German items I have. It has no markings at all. Hope the pictures download. Thank you for any help.

Forrest

Default Re: What do you think this is?

Some type of munitions case? Thats my guess

I thought it look like some sort of transit container for munitions as well, like a powder charge or something, but looking it over it seems too complex a container for that. Maybe it held some sort of filter for a vehicle? Or something perishable?

Yeah could be for an air filter etc...... but why does it open at both ends?? I think the carried item goes into the floating cup, so why would it need the space around it. Which you can fill with something else......straw? It reminds me of the design of a thermos flask slightly. Soup for the lads right up on the front line in an OP or something..............?? The cup is brass/copper which could point to hygiene, or spark prevention, or something else...........

I'm not envious of your ID task buddy, good luck

A can of M*A*S*H beer circa 1982 or 83 ...as for the other thing ..I have no idea

It has something to do with Artillery, here is a similar for the 88:
    8,8CM FLAK18 PACKUNGSRINGE ROHRBREMSE - Artikeldetailansicht - nachschublager.de

I am not sure how to translate it, and what they are, but when I try to translate it, it says: "Packing rings brake pipe"
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway