Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What in earth is it???

Article about: Okay guys, need your help on this one! Found this today in an old barn in Belgium when I went to buy some potatoes. I spotted it hanging from a nail, and thought it was US water carrier. Whe

Default What in earth is it???

Okay guys, need your help on this one!
    Found this today in an old barn in Belgium when I went to buy some potatoes. I spotted it hanging from a nail, and thought it was US water carrier. When I looked closer I saw it has holes, so no way one could ever carry water in it.
    According to the farmer who gave me the thing, it has been hanging there since he could remember. His father used it to carry tools in on the land, like a hammer and stuff like that. looking at the shape I think it has something to do with either horses or donkeys. There is a leather patch on top with holes, but I don't think that is for seeing through, as a horse doesn't have its eyes planted on top of his head. And its also to high for its nose too.
    There are holes everywhere, so I don't think it is a gasmask for horses.
    It is stamped US OMC, can't find a date, but I'll give it a little clean to get all the dust off, and see what I come up with.
    The letters seem ww2 to me, but it might as well be ww1 as they used more horses in the first ww.
    Anybody have a clue what it could be, and is it rare? I've never seen one before.
    I'll put this one on Fleabay, so if anybody wants it or have any interest just let me know. One thing is for sure; it's original!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What in earth is it???   What in earth is it???  

What in earth is it???   What in earth is it???  

What in earth is it???  

Default Re: What in earth is it???

I think its a nose bag for a horse. (bag to put feed in)

''bingo''

Well that's a fast determination! Thanks guys! Is it ww1 or ww2, and is it worth anything?

Im only guessing but i would think WW1 and not really worth much. But iv been wrong before.
    Andy

Okay, thanks. I'll chuck it on Fleabay for 10 euros and see what hapens. Maybe even get my potatoes for free!