Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What are these ?????

Article about: I know that ones a German gas mask caninster but i dont know what the other 2 pieces are.The little silver box says ``Kraftstoff```on the top.And also how can i clean these pieces?The gas ma

3mk
    ?

Default What are these ?????

I know that ones a German gas mask caninster but i dont know what the other 2 pieces are.The little silver box says ``Kraftstoff```on the top.And also how can i clean these pieces?The gas mask caninster is covered in a laquer.

Thanks sorry about the mess in the back round
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these ?????   What are these ?????  

What are these ?????  

Default Re: What are these ?????

Hmmm....

Cleaning laquer off is going to be a problem, mainly because you will need to use some sort of paint stripper/remover. This shouldn't damage the metal but unfortunately WILL remove all the original paint underneath the laquer. Personally I'd leave it be.

The little tin I am afraid i cannot positively identify but it is probably either a container for lighter fluid (kraftstoff is German for 'Fuel' I believe), or possibly a field kit solid 'fire' block.

The bigger container could have been used for any number of liquids from petrol to kerosene to paraffin to wine ! Have a sniff of the inside.....see if you can tell from that

I don't think I'd clean the pieces you have any more than they already are. You could use paint stripper but it'll remove everything...... You could treat the corrosion of the little tin but would it look that much better ?

Steve T

3mk
    ?

Thanks Steve!!!

I think the Little silver tin is a small arms oil bottle, cant remeber which weapon though.