Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What are these helmets?

Article about: Hi everyone, these two helmets have certainly seen better days. Can anyone tell me what they are? Thinking of possibly buying them Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks

Default Re: What are these helmets?

the Iraqis did use the Polish Wz63 paratrooper helmet, here are a couple photos of them during the Iran - Iraq War period
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these helmets?   What are these helmets?  

Really happy with this information!

more photos of the Wz63 para helmet in use by Iraq
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these helmets?   What are these helmets?  

Quote by battle gear View Post
    they both appear to be Polish, the first one is the Wz63 and the second is the Wz50

I would consider these battlefield relic condition, they might be from Iraq
    battle gear i have to agree with you ,both these lids are showing signs of paint that has endured extreme weather ,mainly high temperatures these have to be from middle east judging by the chalky paint condition iraq was well known to have imported huge quantity's of polish wz50's ,so well worth 20 pounds indeed
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    battle gear i have to agree with you ,both these lids are showing signs of paint that has endured extreme weather ,mainly high temperatures these have to be from middle east judging by the chalky paint condition iraq was well known to have imported huge quantity's of polish wz50's ,so well worth 20 pounds indeed
    the chalky or oxidized weathering is common on helmets that have been brought back from Iraq or Afghanistan, it's possible a British soldier brought them back to the UK as souvineers

they still make a nice display piece

Sounds like a real bargain to me, especially when i get a message from the seller saying "sorry postage has been delayed, i have included another helmet in there that came with them which you can have for free". Cant wait to see what it is

very interesting ,keep us posted vicky
    Regards James

very interesting ,keep us posted vicky
    Im not expecting much but its always nice

So these helmets got delivered today and certainly have some character. The Polish Para Helmet appears to be dated 1954 and certainly has that salty been there feel it, it looks to me like there is a bit of arabic script inside which is shown in the photo. The other Polish Helmet has a very dried liner which makes me agree with the previous comment about them being from iraq. If you run your finger around the liner you can still feel sand, so unless some 7 year old has been playing with this in his sand pit... Im going to go for Iraq. And finally, the free helmet which i got given becasue the seller was a day late posted turned out to be a M56 Stahlhelm and the shell is dated 1962. All in all, im happy with the buy and look great alongside my other Iraq helmets.

What are these helmets?   What are these helmets?  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3