Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wrist Dosimeter

Article about: Picked a few of these up recently and just thought id share. Wrist Dosimeter's. All were in original packaging which was dated 1991. Not valuable or rare but something a bit different.

Default Wrist Dosimeter

Picked a few of these up recently and just thought id share. Wrist Dosimeter's. All were in original packaging which was dated 1991. Not valuable or rare but something a bit different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wrist Dosimeter  

?

Default Re: Wrist Dosimeter

Yes something different indeed..The cold war a very scary thought lol..When I was in the Army the only time I saw 1 of these in 23 years was on the Porterne Down battle run a NBC exercise from hell lol.. Otherwise never seen again..thanks for posting Terry.

?

Wrist DosimeterWrist Dosimeter[ATTACH=CONFIG]473689[/ATTACH

No dosimeters here but some interesting snaps from Duxford IWM...It's a Milan post..with 2 soldiers wearing what I call the blue noddy suits..& S6 respirator..with all the other kit you would expect from the day..58 beltkit,Mk6 helmets & SA80S "L85A1s"...Cheers Terry...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wrist Dosimeter  

Thanks for the pics!

?

Oh sorry by the way a few things going wrong here!!! The NBC gloves should be worn over the cuffs & not under!! No battery on the PRC350 radio...Handset with a S6 on ain't going to help much!!!. & the rifle was cocking handle down a most!!! "bad drills" lol thank you Terry.

Will have to visit Duxford, We have only done the IWM salford and london

?

It's worth a trip, me & my good lady visited it in December..Lots of aircraft & 1 hanger of what I call Army stuff..very interesting mind.. but not cheap ever!!! .....Just off the motorway too so easy access.... Cheers Terry.