Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Era Naval Academy Jacket - ID'd

Article about: Hello Folks - I belong to quite a few other forums and am mainly interested in WW1 Era materials, but this site has come up numerous times while searching so I figured I'd give it a go! Than

Default WW1 Era Naval Academy Jacket - ID'd

Hello Folks -

I belong to quite a few other forums and am mainly interested in WW1 Era materials, but this site has come up numerous times while searching so I figured I'd give it a go! Thank you.

As you know we occasionally run across 'other' items outside of our collecting period. Here is one that crosses a couple of eras, it is a US Naval Academy Jacket from the 1914-18 Period that belonged to John Wesley Roper. He served in WW1 on the USS Roe and went on to Captain the USS Wisconsin at Okinawa and through the rest of the war. He was later promoted to Vice Admiral. My question is, would you be able to tell me how to care for it (needs to be cleaned) and do you think it is actually collectible for its age or association.

I cannot seem to find anything comparable and very little about the 'soft' uniforms of any era.

- Best Regards! Mike S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Era Naval Academy Jacket - ID'd   WW1 Era Naval Academy Jacket - ID'd