Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Luger artillerie + holster found in a Belgian Barn.

Article about: Hi, I got a phone from a guy that was cleaning out grandfathers barn. Grandpa served in WW2 and was in the resistance. That happens all the time. So, he also told me they found weapons. Ok,

?

Cool WW1 Luger artillerie + holster found in a Belgian Barn.

Hi,
    I got a phone from a guy that was cleaning out grandfathers barn. Grandpa served in WW2 and was in the resistance.
    That happens all the time. So, he also told me they found weapons. Ok, now they got my full attention.
    Went to the barn and see what he got. Aside several old huntingrifles, i saw this WW1 Luger artillery. In the holster.

Ok, nice, now we have an illegal weapon in our hands he said... NO stress, i'm a licensed guncollector and i know the rights of the people.
    In Belgium, they have 3 months time to find a solution. I sended him to the policestation and told him what and how.

After an investigation, the man was given authorisation to sell the pistol to a licensed person. That is me ; )

Win-win.
    All serials are matching, from trigger to mag. No add on proofhouse stamps or WW2 stamps. The wooden stock is NOT part of the pistol. That was already mine.
    It's a DWM 1917... Both tools were in the holster (rusty)

That pin is actualy a hairpin. The owner must have used his wive hair pin to fix it

Paco

MAP
    ?

Holy Cow Paco

What a story! Congrats

This would be a dream find for me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A lovely pistol... and well done on acquiring it!

cheers,
    Steve

?

Found a nice spot for here.

Very very nice and a great find
    Ben

?

WOW. When you said barn find,I expected to see a rusted piece of steel. That looks nice. Congrats. I have always had a passion for these ,just not the wallet to justify one. Semper Fi. Phil

?

I have an other 1917 Luger, also from a barn.
    I think that one comes closer to your expectations.
    When i got it, it had no mag. Ten years later, the son of an other farmer gave me a P08 mag he found. Matching serials.
    Turns out that the two farmers were buddies and playes a lot to gether when they were young. Parts got separated and now, reunited...
    Karma exists

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    WOW. When you said barn find,I expected to see a rusted piece of steel. That looks nice. Congrats. I have always had a passion for these ,just not the wallet to justify one. Semper Fi. Phil
    I had the same thought as well when I read "barn". I think I should start buying up old barns in Europe as I keep seeing stuff like this pop out of them.

Remarkable find Paco. It survived well in the barn. I imagine being in the holster protected the steel somewhat.

?

Paco,
    You should release the spring of the MP40.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast