Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 pickups at estate sale.

Article about: Hello again, Picked up a few items earlier at an estate sale. Got there early, and still weren't first in line. These things are pretty competitive, and I am sure some reality tv show will b

Default WW1 pickups at estate sale.

Hello again,

Picked up a few items earlier at an estate sale. Got there early, and still weren't first in line. These things are pretty competitive, and I am sure some reality tv show will be made, making them miserable in the future.

I wasn't able to get everything there, and one gentleman beat me to some neat German shoulder straps, and a belt buckle, but oh well. There was also a US helmet with the liner intact, and a gas mask, but I didn't have the funds at the moment to get all of it.

The first,and best IMO, item is this helmet (posted in seperate thread- https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...tamped-394924/)

The second item was this Medics(?) cloth bag. If anyone has seen anything like it, or has an idea of what it was used for, please let me know. I later found a set of US dog tags inside this bag. The name doesn't match the name on the helmet though.

I also got a couple of shell casings. That is all for today, all in all I would call it a good day. Thanks for viewing!

?

Very nice items. Yah estate sales are tough . First you have the regulars who all know each other. Super nice to each other. Until one of them turns their back then they can't say enough bad things about them. Then you have the dealers who know the person holding the estate sale who put stuff they can't get rid of in the antique shops. And half the time the really good stuff is sold before the doors even open .

Yes, I don't think I will make it a huge habit to go to those... but who knows. If I see something pop up I may brave the crowd.