Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW2 German military found in Oregon USA

Article about: Finding a living WW2 veteran and being able to talk to him in person and hear his stories is something many of us look for and rarely find these days. The only thing better then doing this i

?

I seem to remember having seen this one on the forum, but cant place it - POA?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German military found in Oregon USA  

What is everyones thoughts on the SA belt buckle...is the definition ok on it? Just looks like a 70s fake ive seen but i stress i am by no means an expert on these

Quote by Scout View Post
    I seem to remember having seen this one on the forum, but cant place it - POA?
    It's an Eastern peoples medal 2nd class in bronze with swords (military) the other one is the 2nd class in silver without swords (merit).
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks, Ned.

At least, I was in the correct Eastern direction, LOL.

A curious, but not bad looking medal IMO.

Two nice buckles, the SA looks like Overhoff made as well
    Ben

CBH
    ?

Great find and story , it's getting harder to find vet groups like that . Many years ago in high school a class mate was bring me pieces his grandfather brought back , 5$ 1st class EK's ! Those were the days !

Thank you for the replies. I understand some guys being skeptical on military that looks newer. In that, always remember that finding the veteran that was there and had a story for each item, is worth its weight in gold, when it comes to authenticating. This man made his way all the way to Bastogne and then Germany and VE Day. I will take his word for the authenticity of these items but its always good to have experts eye pieces that look to good to be true. Thank you all. These pieces will look great framed and displayed properly.

FG

I hope you bought them .

Quote by Australia View Post
    Kuban shields look like they were made yesterday.
    Many items from WWII have survived in mint condition, best to judge an item on other factors along with condition and not just on condition. I have plenty of cloth items that look brand new but are period originals.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is a great score. Try and remember to put the vets name and unit with the items so the info want be lost to history. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast