Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1800's Sword maker's mark to Identify

Article about: Hopefully someone can help me to give a friend some information as to the markings on this sword. I believe he said it is a Cavalry sword as it is quite long and very solid. The fuller goes

Default 1800's Sword maker's mark to Identify

Hopefully someone can help me to give a friend some information as to the markings on this sword. I believe he said it is a Cavalry sword as it is quite long and very solid. The fuller goes a little more than 3/4 the length of the blade which is 35 1/2 inches long. If it is also possible to identify the mark on the other side of the ricasso as well.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A. & E. Holler of Solingen Prussia (used 1854 to 1885)
    Don't quote me on it, but the VP looks to belong to the British-likely an Armorer's mark, as Holler made Many many swords and such for the British military.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A. & E. Holler of Solingen Prussia (used 1854 to 1885)
    Don't quote me on it, but the VP looks to belong to the British-likely an Armorer's mark, as Holler made Many many swords and such for the British military.
    Thanks William!
    Does the crown with the VP appear that it could be British? My friend thought it might be Swedish.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)