Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Austrian Dragoon Helmet Plate

Article about: Anyone have a suggestion where I can find an original pre-WWI helmet plate for an Austrian Dragoon helmet, for enlisted ranks? I recently purchased a helmet via an online auction, but the pl

?

Default Austrian Dragoon Helmet Plate

Anyone have a suggestion where I can find an original pre-WWI helmet plate for an Austrian Dragoon helmet, for enlisted ranks?
    I recently purchased a helmet via an online auction, but the plate doesn't have the crispness of detail that I would expect.
    A UK dealer has an Ulan czapka plate on sale for $214, but that price seems absurd to me. Thanks.

Bob S

Default Re: Austrian Dragoon Helmet Plate

Bob, cant help you with the location of an Austro-Hungarian Dragoon plate, try "googeling" militaria dealers and have them put it on a want list....however, a Tschapka for $214 ! absurd is also the word I would use, it will be fake, as these helmets are more like $1500 +, whos the dealer ? UK Militaria ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)