Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-Hungarian Artillery Shako

Article about: I have recently gotten an Austro-Hungarian Artillery Shako. It has the typical pre-1908 shield for the regimental number but no number is present. In fact, it appears no number was ever disp

Default Austro-Hungarian Artillery Shako

I have recently gotten an Austro-Hungarian Artillery Shako. It has the typical pre-1908 shield for the regimental number but no number is present. In fact, it appears no number was ever displayed on this shield. It makes me wonder if this was for a soldier in a unit that did not have a regimental affiliation. I know that trains and horse breeding units also wore the artillery uniform and shako. My thought is that perhaps these horse breeding unit troops were not organized into regiments. Any thoughts on this subject are welcome. This is the link for the images of the shako and tunic. The shako is for a corporal and the tunic is enlisted but not quite a match in rank:

Austro-Hungaian Artillery EM Tunic

R/

Ralph Lovett
    Lovett Artillery Index Page

Default Re: Austro-Hungarian Artillery Shako

Ralph, suberb shako and tunic !...unfortunatly, KuK not my bag , lets see if any other members pick this up and can be more helpful, meanwhile have a look at this site, (if you dont already know about it)....Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1918 thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.