Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge

Article about: Hey, guys. Just looking for a little help with what I believe is an Austro-Hungarian assault troop badge. I believe it's authentic and am wondering what the value might be. Any help would be

Default Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge

Hey, guys. Just looking for a little help with what I believe is an Austro-Hungarian assault troop badge. I believe it's authentic and am wondering what the value might be.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge   Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge  

Default Re: Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge

Adam...have a look and digest this article, it will help to explain a complex badge, did it exist officially or unofficially ?, the answer is here, read on...Austro-Hungarian Army - Austro-Hungarian Assault Troop's Badges ....wether your badge is real, (IMO it is not) will be subject to further debate, compare to a known original, I am allways sceptical of "screw-back" awards, yours, looks to be cast (notice the edge, it looks to be lipped) the back is "rough", also look at the bottom of the badge between the stick grenade bases, is that "flash" from the casting procedure ? originals would of been die- stamped, leaving them crisp and with a smooth uniformed finish.....These badges are heavily faked. I have no idea as to value of these badges. Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge  Austro-Hungarian Assault Badge 
    Last edited by oradour; 12-17-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Indeed, it looks cast..........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 12-17-2010 at 01:57 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the help, guys! Fortunately it was a cheap find so not much lost. I had never seen one before and so didn't know they were heavily faked...thought I might have gotten lucky. Upon a closer examination I see all the points you are making towards this being a cast fake.

Thanks again
    -Adam

?

Hi Guys,
    I am brand new here. The badge looks as being a bad copy. Not only because it's poorly made but also because screwbacks were rarely used on badges - pins were what was commonly used. Just my 2 cents though.
    Giorgos

Quote by Cretan View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am brand new here. The badge looks as being a bad copy. Not only because it's poorly made but also because screwbacks were rarely used on badges - pins were what was commonly used. Just my 2 cents though.
    Giorgos
    E pou ise re Listen to my pal here. He knows about WWI medals.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    E pou ise re Listen to my pal here. He knows about WWI medals.
    Hey Chris.