Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05

Article about: Hello dear collectors, here is some photos of in my opinion very interesting Austro-Hungarian bayonets Model 1890 and 1895/05. Both models are hard to find in today's market. I will start wi

Default AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05

Hello dear collectors, here is some photos of in my opinion very interesting Austro-Hungarian bayonets Model 1890 and 1895/05. Both models are hard to find in today's market.

I will start with Mannlicher bayonet model 1890. This bayonet is very nice, produced by "OEWG" Österreichische Waffenfabrik Gesellschaft, Steyr and on the blade is also "double-head austro hungarian eagle). Another marking is unit marking - "42 R/4069" - from this marking we can certainly say that it belongs to Infanterie Regiment Nr. 42, Ersatz-Batalion, Ersatz-Kompanie Nr. 3 - pretty nice marking isn´t it ? On photo there is standard Mannlicher model 1895 bayonet, so you can compare both.

Mannlicher bayonet 1895/05 I add very soon.

I hope you like the photos.

Regards Peter

Default Re: AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05

Hello, I promise to send photos of Austro-Hungarian bayonets model 1895/05 - and here they are. Both bayonets were produce by "F.G.G.Y" company - Femaru Fegyver és Gépgyár, Budapest. Mannlicher 1895/05 bayonets were produce only by this one company. This bayonets are very similar to standard Mannlicher 1895 - but you can certainly see the difference. Condition of one 1895/05 is not the best, but I still like it, because this bayonets are hard to find.

Enjoy phopos

Peter

Very nice, focused collection of an interesting bayonet. I have one in semi- relic condition that I bought in Krakow (Poland). It has had the muzzle ring ground off and appears to have been used as a fighting knife. Have you come across any like this or do you have any further information on them? Cheers.

Hello, I saw a lot of Mannlicher bayonets with cut muzzle ring. People did this thing, because they want to use this bayonets for another purpose (for example to kill pigs). But there were also some bayonets for example Mannlicher 1888 which were transformed to fighting knifes. Some collectors believe that Mannlicher 1895 were transformed to fighting knifes and I saw one, but in this time is hard to tell which is authentic.

?

Here is my model 1890:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05  

Hello Bruno, thanks for sharing your very nice Mannlicher 1890! I always like this not very common bayonets.
    Regards Peter

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hello, I saw a lot of Mannlicher bayonets with cut muzzle ring. People did this thing, because they want to use this bayonets for another purpose (for example to kill pigs). But there were also some bayonets for example Mannlicher 1888 which were transformed to fighting knifes. Some collectors believe that Mannlicher 1895 were transformed to fighting knifes and I saw one, but in this time is hard to tell which is authentic.
    Thanks for the info

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    ... But there were also some bayonets for example Mannlicher 1888 which were transformed to fighting knifes. Some collectors believe that Mannlicher 1895 were transformed to fighting knifes and I saw one, but in this time is hard to tell which is authentic.
    Yes, you´re right, it´s hard to tell if such "shortened" bayonets are authentic indeed !

But, it´s fact, that the "Sturmmesser" was used together with the 1890 pattern bayonet scabbard.

The belt loop of the original Austrian-hungarian Kampfmesser Modell 1917 was poorly made and was damaged easily ...
    So, the "Sturmmesser" sometimes was seen with the scabbard of the M1890 bayonet.

AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05

I hope you don't mind if I post a couple of pics of the one with the ground off muzzle ring I was talking about? Its in rough shape but will do until I can get a better one

Oh Yeah, and looks like the grips have been replaced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05   AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN bayonets Mannlicher mod. 1890 and 1895/05  

Hello friends,
    Reibert thanks a lot for nice pictures of Austro-Hungarian fighting knifes! I never saw fighting knife model 1917 with Mannlicher 1890 scabbard and also I don´t know that this fighting knifes was use with it, so thanks for your valuable information! I also add some photos of fighting knifes, which are in my collection too.

Spitace41, thanks a lot for showing your Mannlicher 1895 bayonet, it is very sad to look at this hardly damaged artifact, most of bayonets ends like yours Are there any markings on your bayonet? Maybe we can say to which regiment its belong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast